A complete understanding
At Toronto Centre for Naturopathic Medicine, we are committed to providing you with the highest quality assessment and healthcare, which often requires laboratory investigation.
Where possible, with your permission, we request copies of your laboratory assessment results from your other healthcare providers.
To gain a comprehensive understanding of your health concern, we may require laboratory information not available through your conventional healthcare providers. Some of these procedures can be carried out in-office. In cases where we are not able to conduct the required assessment in-office, we use the services of Gamma-Dynacare Medical Laboratories and Rocky Mountain Analytical.
Laboratory testing kits for these assessments are provided and paid for at our office. Blood samples required for Rocky Mountain Analytical assessments are collected at any one of LifeLabs® many locations across the Greater Toronto Area.
Laboratory procedures which can be performed in-office include:
- Urinalysis (general urine analysis)
- Koenisburg test (urine analysis of adrenal gland function)
- Urinary Indican test (urine analysis for bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine)
- Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (body composition assessment)
Examples of laboratory assessments we order from outside laboratory service providers include:
- IgG Food Sensitivity – to identify potential food allergies and sensitivities
- Adrenal Function Panel – to identify potential hormonal causes of mood and energy disorders
Laboratory assessments requested by naturopathic doctors are not covered by O.H.I.P.
Logos and links to: