A complete understanding
At Toronto Centre for Naturopathic Medicine, we are committed to providing you with the highest quality assessment and healthcare, which often requires laboratory investigation.
Where possible, with your permission, we request copies of your laboratory assessment results from your other healthcare providers.
To gain a comprehensive understanding of your health concern, we may require laboratory information not available through your conventional healthcare providers. Some of these procedures can be carried out in-office. In cases where we are not able to conduct the required assessment in-office, we use the services of Dynacare®, Rocky Mountain Analytical, Precision Analytical Inc., Doctor’s Data Inc., BioHealth Laboratory and The Great Plains Laboratory, Inc.
Laboratory testing kits for these assessments are provided and paid for at our office. Blood samples required for Rocky Mountain Analytical assessments are collected at any one of LifeLabs® many locations across the Greater Toronto Area.
Laboratory procedures which can be performed in-office include:
- Urinalysis (general urine analysis)
- Koenisburg test (urine analysis of adrenal gland function)
- Urinary Indican test (urine analysis for bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine)
- Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (body composition assessment)
Examples of laboratory assessments we order from outside laboratory service providers include:
- IgG Food Sensitivity – To identify foods (lists of foods tested/testing panel options) potentially triggering inflammation in your body (sample test result report).
- Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones (DUTCH), with or without Cortisol Awakening Response measurement (DUTCH+) – The most comprehensive hormone testing available to identify potential hormonal causes of mood, energy and reproductive disorders (sample test result report, DUTCH+ female sample test result report, DUTCH+ male sample test result report).
- Adrenal Function Panel – Hormone testing to identify potential hormonal causes of energy, mood and “burn out” disorders (sample test result report).
- Female Panel – Testing of women’s hormones to identify potential hormonal imbalances resulting in menstrual, fertility, menopausal and mood symptoms (sample test result report).
- Male Panel – Testing of men’s hormones to identify potential hormonal imbalances resulting in mood, erectile and body composition symptoms (sample test result report).
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis (CSA), with or without parasite assessment – Testing to identify potential inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract, parasitic infection, poor absorption of nutrients and symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and digestive symptoms in general (sample test result report, sample test report with parasite assessment).
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) Breath Testing – To assess small intestine bacterial balance related to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), heartburn (gastroesophageal reflux disease), and general digestive and energy symptoms (sample test result report). [Learn more]
- Organic Acids Test (OAT) – Measurement of the byproducts of cellular metabolism (i.e., the activity of the cells of your body), to identify potential nutritional causes for deficiencies in cellular activity which may result in symptoms including low energy, poor blood sugar regulation, compromised metabolic detoxification and inefficient “fat-burning” (sample test result report).
Laboratory assessments requested by naturopathic doctors are not covered by O.H.I.P.