Jonah Lusis is a co-owner and co-founder of Toronto Centre for Naturopathic Medicine.
Jonah has experience treating a wide range of health concerns, but has particular expertise in treatment/implementation of:
- Digestive health concerns (e.g., heartburn, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease)
- Lifestyle medicine programs (treatment of health concerns such as obesity, heart disease or pain conditions by focussing on dietary change, exercise and stress management)
- Health optimization programs (use of a lifestyle medicine approach and natural medicines to feel and function at your best, every day)
- Metabolic detoxification programs
- Weight management programs
Jonah is a graduate of the University of Toronto (Bachelor of Physical and Health Education [Kinesiology], 1997) and Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (2003). A committed lifelong learner, he has complemented his naturopathic training with study in medical herbalism, classical “Hahnemannian” homeopathy, Suikodo™, and mind/body medicine (with Herbert Benson, MD, the pioneer of mind/body medicine in the Western world and founder of the Harvard Medical School-affiliated Mind/Body Medical Institute).
Jonah enjoys educating about naturopathic medicine. His teaching experience includes lecturing at the University of Toronto, the Law Society of Upper Canada, Environment Canada and the Canadian Television Fund. He has written articles for EcoParent magazine, Metro, Toronto’s daily commuter newspaper, and has been featured on CTV National News and in Now Magazine as a health expert.
In his leisure time, Jonah enjoys playing with his daughters, reading detective novels, strolling the city and restaurant dining.
- Is the flu vaccine effective? Jonah reviews the research.
- What is Bowen Therapy? Jonah explains.
- Jonah discusses meditation as a tool for helping children succeed at school.
- Jonah offers guidelines for a safe, food-based family detoxification program here, and here.
- Is it worth it to spend more on nutritional supplements? Jonah offers a professional opinion.
- You’re active, but are you active enough? Jonah reviews the guidelines.