Jonah is a licensed naturopathic doctor who has been practicing Bowen Therapy, since 2002. He has experience in the treatment of a wide range of chronic health concerns, with particular expertise in digestive health, metabolic detoxification and, drawing on his experience as a personal trainer, weight management programs.
Jonah is a graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (2003) and University of Toronto (Bachelor of Physical and Health Education, 1997). A committed lifelong learner, he has complemented his naturopathic training with study in medical herbalism, classical “Hahnemannian” homeopathy, Suikodo™, and mind/body medicine (with Herbert Benson, MD, the pioneer of mind/body medicine in the Western world and founder of the Harvard Medical School-affiliated Mind/Body Medical Institute).
Jonah enjoys educating about naturopathic medicine. His teaching experience includes lecturing at the University of Toronto, the Law Society of Upper Canada, Environment Canada and the Canadian Television Fund. He has written articles for EcoParent magazine, Metro, Toronto’s daily commuter newspaper, and has been featured on CTV National News and in Now Magazine as a health expert.
In his leisure time, Jonah enjoys playing with his daughters, reading detective novels, strolling the city and restaurant dining.
- Is the flu vaccine effective? Jonah reviews the research.
- What is Bowen Therapy? Jonah explains.
- Jonah discusses meditation as a tool for helping children succeed at school.
- Jonah offers guidelines for a safe, food-based family detoxification program here, and here.
- Is it worth it to spend more on nutritional supplements? Jonah offers a professional opinion.
- Jonah explains the facts on sugar.