Du (pronounced “Yo”) La is co-owner and co-founder of Toronto Centre for Naturopathic Medicine.
Du is a licensed naturopathic doctor, registered acupuncturist, and one of the most experienced naturopathic birth doulas (professional birth assistant) in Canada. Du practices naturopathic family medicine with a focus on children’s and women’s health, particularly in the area of fertility and prenatal care. With a calm manner and experienced, caring presence she has supported over 200 women and their partners as a doula in home and hospital births, and has worked cooperatively with midwives, obstetricians and family physicians. She is a founding member of the Association of Perinatal Naturopathic Doctors.
Du is a graduate of the University of Toronto (Human Biology and Physiology, 1998), the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (2002) and the Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine (2006). She is certified in Bowen Therapy from Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia, mind/body medicine from the Mind/Body Medical Institute (an affiliate of the Harvard Medical School Department of Continuing Education) and has completed training in medical herbalism. In 2000, she completed an acupuncture internship at the pediatric neurology clinic at Mackay Memorial Hospital in Taipei, Taiwan.
In her limited spare time, Du enjoys cooking, jogging and practicing yoga. She makes time every day to play, explore, craft and read with her two young daughters.
- Du walks new parents through the process of introducing solids foods into their infant’s diet
- Mother-of two, Du offers three tips for keeping school lunches healthy
- Du explains what you can do in the early months of your newborn’s life to build lifelong bonds
- Du La explains why she loves being a dou-la
- Du offers advice on preventing mosquito bites, without toxic chemicals