Looking for a healthy snack to pack for lunches? Look no further! We love these nutty, grain-free granola bars that are so easy to make and kid approved.
Forget the sugar-ladened granola bars and try these homemade healthy treats.
Following our Wellness Wednesday video from yesterday, Du La, ND, shares with us one of her favorite, healthy, kid approved snacks.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 7 soft, pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup honey or brown rice syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a food processor, pulse raw almonds, raw walnuts and raw pecans until you have a coarsely ground nut meal. Add pitted Medjool dates and pulse again until evenly distributed throughout the meal.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in coconut flour, vanilla extract, sea salt, goji berries, raisins, cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds and honey or brown rice syrup.
- Press in a pan lined with parchment paper (tip: leave extra parchment paper on the sides so you can fold it over and press the granola down with your hands).
- Bake until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely and cut to desired size.
Posted: 2015 March 5