Looking for a healthy snack to pack for lunches? Look no further! We love these nutty, grain-free granola bars that are so easy to make and kid approved.
Forget the sugar-ladened granola bars and try these homemade healthy treats.
Following our Wellness Wednesday video from yesterday, Du La, ND, shares with us one of her favorite, healthy, kid approved snacks.
- Almonds, raw – 1 cup
- Walnuts, raw – ½ cup
- Pecans, raw – ½ cup
- Medjool dates, pitted – 7 soft
- Coconut flour – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- Sea salt – ¼ tsp
- Goji berries – ¼ cup
- Raisins – ¼ cup
- Cacao nibs – ¼ cup
- Pumpkin seeds – 3 tbsp
- Honey or brown rice syrup – ¼ cup
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a food processor, pulse raw almonds, raw walnuts and raw pecans until you have a coarsely ground nut meal.
- Add pitted Medjool dates and pulse again until evenly distributed throughout the meal.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in coconut flour, vanilla extract, sea salt, goji berries, raisins, cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds and honey or brown rice syrup.
- Press in a pan lined with parchment paper (tip: leave extra parchment paper on the sides so you can fold it over and press the granola down with your hands).
- Bake until golden brown (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Allow to cool completely and cut to desired size.
Posted: 2015 March 5