The holidays are full of festive gatherings and this gluten-free, delicious and nutritious recipe is sure to be a hit with any party crowd. Sharing is caring! (for more great recipes, click here)
- Beets, diced – 1 ½ cups
- Carrots, diced – 1 ½ cups
- Shallots or onions, diced – 3/4 cup
- Garlic, chopped – 3 tbsp
- Coarse salt – 1 tsp
- Coarse pepper – 1 tsp
- Dried oregano – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Quinoa – 1 cup
- Parmigiano Reggiano, grated – ½ cup
- Olive oil (or clarified butter) – 2 tbsp
- Lemon, juiced – ½ medium-sized
- Lime, juiced – 1 full-sized
- Cracked pepper – to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a baking dish, combine beets, carrots, onion, and garlic with salt, oregano, pepper, and oil. Toss gently to coat and roast in oven until soft and slightly browning (approximately 25 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa as per the directions on the package.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Stir dressing and roasted vegetable mixture into the hot quinoa, including all the juice in the pan. If you have made the quinoa ahead of time, put the whole mixture back in the oven until hot.
- Remove from heat and fold in grated parmesan until the whole mixture is gooey. It should be a brilliant shade of magenta that will add stunning visual appeal to your plate.
Adapted from Pure Green Magazine
Vol. 4 / Food & Drink