Here’s a post Du contributed in 2015: as relevant today as it was then!
Earlier this year, Du contributed an article to Green Moms Collective, with alternative ideas to the particularly unpleasant ingredients found in many common Halloween treats.
Looking for a healthy snack to pack for lunches? Look no further! We love these nutty, grain-free granola bars that are so easy to make and kid approved.
Forget the sugar-ladened granola bars and try these homemade healthy treats.
Following our Wellness Wednesday video from yesterday, Du La, ND, shares with us one of her favorite, healthy, kid approved snacks.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 7 soft, pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup honey or brown rice syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a food processor, pulse raw almonds, raw walnuts and raw pecans until you have a coarsely ground nut meal. Add pitted Medjool dates and pulse again until evenly distributed throughout the meal.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in coconut flour, vanilla extract, sea salt, goji berries, raisins, cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds and honey or brown rice syrup.
- Press in a pan lined with parchment paper (tip: leave extra parchment paper on the sides so you can fold it over and press the granola down with your hands).
- Bake until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely and cut to desired size.
Posted: 2015 March 5