As a naturopathic birth doula, Jessica has experience working cooperatively with midwives, obstetricians, family physicians and nursing staff to assist women and their partners before, during and after the birth of their child. Jessica recognizes birth as a vital experience in the life of a mother and family, and ensures she has a complete understanding of their values and aspirations for their birth in order to offer them the information, and emotional and physical support they require to have the most positive birth experience possible.
Jessica is a graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine and the University of Ottawa (Bachelor of Science Degree with Honours, Biopharmaceutical Science). She is an instructor in the Naturopathic Doulas training course for naturopathic doctors interested in learning to integrate their naturopathic doctor training in a labour and birth setting.
When not busy in the Clinic, Jessica enjoys spending time in nature, meditation, practicing yoga and painting. She loves spending time with her family and dog, Maple, and is a dedicated animal activist.
Birth doula services at Toronto Centre for Naturopathic Medicine are covered by most extended healthcare plans.
- Jessica explains why she loves being a doula
- Labour and birth is a special, but also potentially stressful moment in a parent’s life. Jessica offers a few tips for how a partner can help.
- Natural does not always mean “safe”, particularly when pregnant. Jessica discusses safe and effective options for using botanical (herbal) medicines when pregnant.
- A child’s health begins in the womb. Jessica offers guidelines for helping your baby off to the best start possible.
- Jessica demonstrates the “dry skin brushing”, a simple and effective method for improving skin health